Tomato Pickle Recipe
Tomato pickle is one the tastiest Indian pickles. It is slightly spicy and sour in taste. You can take it with plain rice itself. When you are hungry and have no time to prepare curry, then this can be a great alternative for curry. This goes along with almost any south Indian food such as rice, idli, dosa, etc. Now let’s learn how to make tomato pickle.
Ingredients Required for Preparing Tomato Pickle
- Tomatoes – 2Kgs
- Tamarind – 1/2Kg
- Salt – 1/2Kg
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/4Kg
- Cooking Oil – 1/2 Kg
- Mustard Seeds – 50Gms
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Seeds) – 50Gms
- Turmeric Powder – 2 TSP
- Bengal Gram – 2 TBSP
- Black Gram – 2 TBSP
- Mustard Seeds – 2 TBSP
- Garlic – 100 gms
- Curry Leaves – Few
Method for Preparing Tomato Pickle
- Wash the tomatoes and clean them with cloth. Cut these tomatoes into small pieces.
- Take a big pickle jar and add these tomato pieces into it.
- Add salt and turmeric powder to it and mix well.
- Close the jar and leave it for marinating for 2 complete days.
- On third day, spread these tomato pieces on a sheet. Dry them under sunlight. During evening time, put these pieces back into the jar and close it. Repeat this process for next 3 days (i.e. 3rd, 4th and 5th day)
- On the evening after 3 days of drying (i.e. on 5th day evening of actual start of process) add tamarind to the leftover juice in the syrup and allow it to marinate for few minutes.
- Now grind the marinated tamarind paste.
- Take the big bowl and add tomato pieces, red chilli powder, and marinated tamarind paste and mix them well.
- Fry mustard seeds and Fenugreek Seeds and grind them.
- Add this powder to the tomato pieces mixture and mix well.
- Now grind the complete mixture.
- Seasoning: Take a bowl and heat 1/2kg cooking oil in it. Fry Bengal Gram, Black Gram, mustard seeds, garlic and curry leaves in it and keep aside for cooling.
- After cooling add this seasoned oil to the tomato mixture and mix well.
- After mixing well, take it into the cleaned and dried jar.
- Leave it for a day
- Your jar full of Tomato pickle is ready.
Rocket Shaped Chocolate Cake Recipe
Thanks to Rocket Bingo you can create an exciting...
- Posted February 17, 2016
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Everybody loves to eat the delicious chocolate cake and if...
- Posted February 13, 2016
Appam is wonderful dish from the state Kerala. It is...
- Posted January 22, 2015
Orange Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
Got bored of cooking and eating regular cakes, want to...
- Posted January 20, 2015
Egg Chaat Recipe
If you are thinking of some special variety of chaat...
- Posted October 3, 2014
Vegetable Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Preparing lunch box is not an easy job. And it...
- Posted January 31, 2014
Chicken Mirchi Bajji Recipe
Who doesn’t like mirchi bajji? Everyone loves to eat it....
- Posted January 24, 2014