Coconut Chutney Recipe
The most favourite dish for south Indians is Coconut Chutney. This can be served with idly, dosa, vada, and even with white rice also. This chutney is spicy and gives sweet smell. This can be refrigerated for one week. This helps to reduce your work early in the morning. So let us try this coconut chutney recipe.
Ingredients For Preparing Coconut Chutney
- Coconut grated 2cup
- Coriander seeds 1/2cup
- Green chillies 3-5
- Jeera 1tbsp
- Tamarind – A small lemon sized
- A very small piece of ginger
- Oil 2tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Chana dal 1tbsp
- Urad dal 1tbsp
- Red chillies 2
- Curry leaves a few
- Salt as per taste
- Water as required for grinding
- Garlic 3-5cloves
Method For Preparing Coconut Chutney
- Heat 2tbsp oil in a frying pan and roast urad dal, chana dal.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- To the left over oil add coriander seeds, jeera, green chillies and ginger until the colour changes .
- Grind all the fried ingredients, tamarind, salt, and now add the grated coconut.
- Add water as needed to help with the grinding.
- Blend well to make a smooth paste.
- Heat tsp of oil in a pan add garlic(cut into small pieces)
- When the flavour looses out add mustard seeds, jeera, red chillies,curry leaves.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the chutney.
Your Coconut Chutney is ready for serving.
Rocket Shaped Chocolate Cake Recipe
Thanks to Rocket Bingo you can create an exciting...
- Posted February 17, 2016
Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
Everybody loves to eat the delicious chocolate cake and if...
- Posted February 13, 2016
Appam is wonderful dish from the state Kerala. It is...
- Posted January 22, 2015
Orange Chocolate Chip Cake Recipe
Got bored of cooking and eating regular cakes, want to...
- Posted January 20, 2015
Egg Chaat Recipe
If you are thinking of some special variety of chaat...
- Posted October 3, 2014
Vegetable Cheese Sandwich Recipe
Preparing lunch box is not an easy job. And it...
- Posted January 31, 2014
Chicken Mirchi Bajji Recipe
Who doesn’t like mirchi bajji? Everyone loves to eat it....
- Posted January 24, 2014